Linux Mint 19.1 Initial Impressions

I have been meaning to update Linux Mint on my laptop for a while now. It was running 18.something. It was running fine, but then I saw the reviews for 19.1 and thought it's bit better than 18 series. So got a USB and upgraded.
The upgrade (actually it was replacement since I always format the / partition), went fine. Then it was couple of days of sporadic usage to setup everything. Once that was done I spent some time just using the machine. And what I have is positive impressions.
1. Wifi - It's improved, no more disable/enable networking when you have turned on the hotspot.
2. System seems smoother.
3. There were couple of issues with screen tearing. But after applying a solution for inter graphics - tear free setting, it seems to have fixed it.
4. Icon theme is better.
5. Desktop feels slicker and modern. Just the small things.

So overall good. And I got latest application versions.
Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting