Saltwater demise of Redmi Note 7 Pro

The redmi note 7 pro that my wife has been using recently got splashed in some seawater. Of course it was the death knell for it. After bringing the dead phone home I dried it with a hair dryer. Then when it still wont take any charge, so I went on to open it. Of course without proper tools its frame got butchered. But I was able to open it and clean the corrosion and salt residue with help of an earbud. But the bottom board was quite corroded with the usb port too in bad shape. I did clean it to the best of my ability and decided to use it for as many days it would run. I packed the rear using some T7000 adhesive for 200 bucks. And it workwd fine for about a week.
Then one day it died on me and battery would not charge. I realized that finally it has given up. So today I reopened it and checked if things are even worse. And there's some more corrosion. Anyway now its too bad that Im just going to pack up and sell this for parts.
I have seen people collect bunch of things when they get into the repairing bandwagon. I too repair a bunch of things already and I just dont have the space to add some cellphone related stuff to my collection of tools. So theres that.
Cheers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting

Selecting new phone plan