HP's crap software strikes again

So my laptop has been working fine with Windows 10 to 11 with regular updates etc and nothing went bad for a good while. Then this morning I'm greeted with an update error. The problem was shown as "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 40.11.1109.1746 install error code: 0x800f020b"
I had this stupid HP MFD and this had some leftover bits on windows. First thing I did was checked installed software list to see if I missed anything when I removed all the software related to this printer couple of years ago. Could not find anything. So went into printer list and checked if anything is left there. Removed couple of unrelated printer things related to one-note etc. And then restarted the laptop - because it's windows. Still the same error.
Then did a bit of googling and realized the drivers are still there. Tried to find the drivers but thanks to Windows 11's half-assed under-development control-panel+settings stillbirth, could not find them.
Took another google search to find them in an obscure place. Then I removed the drivers and restarted the laptop again. And hussh, finally after that the updates stopped showing that stupid error. Great!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting

Selecting new phone plan