Work from Home Experience

As you all may know India has been on Lockdown from 24March to now 3rd May due to COVID-19 pandemic. My current company has thankfully provided us with Work from Home facility. Things are grim in industry, with many companies cutting work force even though Govt and labor ministry having specifically asked companies not to cut work force.
My company has decided to provide as many facilities and with one hardware setup locally available, and couple more with other peripherals available remotely, I'm having good productivity. Also on financial side, we are not asked for paycuts for at least this month, so it's good going so far. Though I am not sure similar things would continue next few months. Anyway I am prepared with enough finance to last at least 3-4 months.
Few points regarding work from home:
1. Working in office is very comfortable. I don't have a proper desk at home. Or rather the nook I call desk is ill suited for heavy work involving more hardware. It's good enough for single laptop only. So now I have a makeshift setup where the monitor and other hardware is occupying couple of chairs and I have to make do with another chair. It's not comfortable. But thankfully I am taking small breaks to be as much comfortable as possible.
2. VPNs are slow. With everybody logging in remotely, things are slow. But that can't be helped.
3. No power backup. I did not think I would be needing an inverter with some battery backup, since summers are mild here in Pune. (Nature has decided to prove me wrong this year - 40degrees through-out the day has made me miserable these last few days). But my laptop battery being dead, I don't have any power backup. So in case of power-out, I'm stuck, and if it's noon - in a oven. After lockdown, that's something I want to fix sooner.
4. Workload management. Being home we feel like we have much more time, and at times I have been lazy about getting work done. That's something I need to be disciplined about. Because otherwise I'm ending up with a zig-zag pattern where some days are 4-hour days and others are 12-13Hour workdays which completely exhaust me.

That's few things that have been bothering me. Hope I manage things better though. That's all for now. Ciao.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting