Got broadband - 25mbps unlimited @1250Rs per month (~$17.85)

Last month I finally went for a broadband connection. From 24th March, Lockdown was announced all over India. Thankfully my current company gave us work from home facility. I had this old laptop with few upgrades made couple of months back which was good enough. But I have been using only a cellular data connection since a long time back (almost 5 years now since I moved to Pune from Mumbai). Anyway with work needing more bandwidth I decided to go for a Cable Internet solution.
I had 2 options - Tikona Wireless internet, which has narrow-band connectivity. But I had heard of issues with Tikona's uptime. The other option was local distributor of Fivenet. Fivenet is a cable internet company. I decided to go Fivenet way. Called the local distributor, got cable installed and then visited his office which is nearby. Paid INR1750 (1250per month service + 500 installation). I.e. ~$17.85 per month for 25mbps unlimited service.
Now it's almost a month and service has been great so far. And thankfully I am having great experience working from home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting