The case of a bad RAM Module and great Amazon support

Recently I felt adventurous and I decided to upgrade my poor-old laptop's RAM. I thought I would get a 2GB RAM module and sell the old one on OLX/Quickr. The new module cost about 800Rs and I could sell the old one for about 300Rs. So 500Rs for 1 more GB of RAM was acceptable. At the same time having 2GB RAM meant I won't have slow web browsing anymore.

So I went through the listings and selected one Hynix module. I got it in about 3 days, but it won't work. Unfortunately it was not a Amazon fulfilled order so quick returns were not an option. But I raised a query to Amazon support to get seller details for RMA last night. Instead this morning I got an SMS telling I am getting a refund. Well, that works anyway. 

So thanks amazon. Now I'm thinking about getting my local repair guy take a look at the offending RAM module to check if there's any problem with my laptop compatibility. I'm thinking of getting a HDD since this laptop is running on a Ubuntu Live USB these days, and having an installed distro would be better. Plus I need a mouse since the Microsoft Little mouse I had went kaput last week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting