Paytm games

I am not on any digital payment bandwagon. In fact I started using debit card only when the merchants stopped charging the stupid 2% transaction charge. And since I'm cautious about my money I have stayed away from payment wallets and the new app based payment methods. 
I primarily use cash for small payments. And shop where the merchants don't charge extra for using debit card. Anyway last week I tried to use Paytm app. It's a popular payment app. Many of my friends do use it for small payments. My feedback from them was positive, so I decide to take plunge. Also another major reason was - paytm food wallet. 
In india we get about 50Rs per day tax free out of salary for food. This you can collect monthly as Sodexo coupons. If you don't take sodexo coupons then this becomes taxable and you lose 10/20/30% depending on your income bracket. 
Anyway, coming back to Paytm, I tried to install the app. My poor panasonic was not a match - google play store said - device not compatible. Ok. Got hold of an APK and installed it, worked fine. Then created an account and logged in. So far so good!
Now comes the hard part - in India, now Reserve bank of India has made mandatory for wallet apps for user KYC. So I had to register one of my unique identity docs - like Adhaar or PAN card etc. No such option in App.
Then I went to website and logged in - and a popup asked me to give my Adhaar or other identity details. I filled it in and alas - error - please select proper option!!! WTF!!!
I retried number of times and even used different browsers. There were few posts going so far as giving some very complex directions to reach offline kyc, and too complex for me! Searched a number of forums etc. and even raised a support request. And the reply was - our systems are busy now- we will get back to you later!!!
Well, that did it in - I logged out, deleted the paytm app, and thought about this. The guys who can not handle a simple user kyc, cannot handle my money!! Alas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting