The search for a better phone

There are so many great phones around at some great price-points right now. My current android phone Panasonic T44 is a totally budget affair. I got it for INR3200/- That's about $50. Thing is - it's quite enough for me right now. I can't game on it, nor it can do any heavy duty office work and because of it's limitations I just don't bother.
The main issue is - because it's such a low end phone, I just can't think of using it for some things like taking photos when I'm out riding or use it for navigation(because it does not have inbuilt GPS). Anyway, the thing is with a better phone I could do all these things and more. I could game, could edit docs on the phone, basically do a lot more. And therein lies the problem. The mid-range phones don't do all these things well enough. And the phones that do all these things cost much more. 
Plus there's the other issue of getting replacement batteries. With non-replaceable battery a phone is dead as soon as the battery is dead, which happens in about two years. And that sucks!!! Because you are spending so much on the phone hardware which will become useless in about two years!!! Does not make sense to spend so much money. If you are spending so much money then the things should last more. And therein lies the rub. There are no phones in mid/ mid-high range in my budget with removable battery and the one's with removable battery are in low end like my Panasonic T44.
because of these things I have just put phone shopping on a pause. And I think it is going to stay on pause till all my phones die. Thankfully I have two that can work for me for 2-3 Yrs if they don't get stolen. And if I could not decide on any then I can use the old Nokia for couple years more.
Maybe by then phone's as we know them will vanish and morph into personal assistants like seen in Sci-Fi movies. That would be cool!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting