The case of a slow browser

I am an exclusive user of Firefox. Recently I got the Quantum upgrade. Firefox seems to have become faster. But it seems to have become more bloated. On my 1GB RAM entry level android, it often seems to be crawling. Same situation is on my laptop with 2GB RAM. The sites load fine but it just gets unresponsive once in a while. I have only one plugin - that is uBlock origin. And it's a necessity.
So I have decided to try other browser - something that's light and doesn't eat away the RAM like it's donated freely.
Lets see if I find anything.
The first one I tried out is Vivaldi. It's from Opera's former team. And it looks promising. I loaded gmail and google drive. It loaded quickly since I have good internet here. And the browser did not seem to be all that slow. Then I opened my tech blog and later opened one planning sheet which has quite a few excel formulas. At this point Firefox starts hitting RAM ceiling and starts getting slow. No such thing for Vivaldi. The RAM is peaked at 1.6GB out of 1.75GB. 
Well, I'm going to use this for a while and see how well it works out. 
Cheers!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting