Google Takeout for downloading your data at google

Google Takeout is a service that lets you download all your data available with Google. Funny thing is that we don't actually get how much data we share with Google. 
With Android, App logins, GMail and many other google stuff the integral part of our life, we share a bootload of data with google. So this week I downloaded my google data using google takeout service and I was surprised when the archive turned out to be 6.39GB in size. 
I'll be analyzing what all I've been sharing with Google. My expectation was about 2.5-3GB max data since my Gmail and Photos are using about 2GB at present. They managed to hit 3GB six months back so I trimmed both in spare time. So I was surprized with >6GB figure. 
Lets see what all has ended up with google...
Photos 5.2GB
GMail 350MB
Drive 650MB
Rest all services few more MB.

I was frankly surprised with the amount of space photos are taking, but then I recalled that only full resolution photos count towards the calculated storage. And most of my photos are not full res. So I guess that's the reason. Everything else looked okay.
I also saw Google Fit using about 300KB data  and after going through it I found out that its the exercise data from the one week I used Google fit as trial. Funny that.
So Takeout can provide a glimpse of your usage of Google services as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting