Flashing TWRP recovery on zte blade c (v807)

Edit: Links to software added
VRoot 1.7.3.4863 (ENG)(6.9MB)
TWRP Recovery (IMG)(5.8MB)
Scatter file for ZTE Blade C (V807C) (382B)
SP Flash Tool 3.1304.0.119 (6.7MB)

Misc.:
MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 (11.9MB)
ZTE Blade C Root and Recovery Folder (34.2MB)
ZTE Blade C TWRP Recovery Flashing Video (Russian) (41.9MB) 
My readme file with experience using the above russian video
STOCK Rom ZTE Blade C (V807C) - Flashable by SP Flash Tool (280.1MB)

 
Wanted to flash TWRP recovery on my ZTE Blade C (v807c). After looking here n there, I stumbled onto a video by a Russian guy who showed how to do it. I got the idea of it all. And so I proceeded.
Following the video, I got familiar with the process which is as follows:

1. Get the device rooted: using vroot the zte v807c was easily rooted.
2. Then install twrp recovery:
In the video the operator performs following steps:
a. Install the zte usb drivers from ZTE v807\Drivers for ZTE.
b. Install the mtk drivers from ZTE v807\Drivers for SP Flash Tool\USB_serial driver.
c. Next start SP Flash tool.
d. Load scatter file from ZTE v807\Recovery.
e. Select recovery image TWRP.img from v807.
f. Disconnect the phone and switch it off.
g.Click Download button and reconnect the phone to computer USB in switched off state. SP Flash tool should detect MTK Preloader and flash the selected recovery. After that SP Flash tool should display success.

For me, step f was failing with SP Flash tool giving error 8038. This meant that the scatter file we have must not be for my v807c (my phone being for India market). So I looked around on the net for info on how to create a scatter file from own phone.

A few places suggested MTK Droid Tools. So I went ahead and used MTK Droid Tools to create a scatter file.
After it was successfully created, I loaded it in SP Flash tool and followed point f again. And this time it was successfully done.

g. After this I unplugged phone from computer and as shown in video, removed the battery and reinserted it. Later starting the phone with power+Vol Up button shows TWRP logo. So its confirmed that TWRP is successfully installed.

Comments

  1. can u pliz find me abackup flashable by sp flash tool of zte v809..my phone is bricked i really need it pliz if u can help me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u pliz find me abackup flashable by sp flash tool of zte v809..my phone is bricked i really need it pliz if u can help me..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting