Goody two shoes complex and the jack of all trades

Its the discovery of the decade. Apparently I've found out that I'm too good for this world and so my life sucks! Well the thing is that I'm a jack of all trades and my parents were too good for me. Which led to them teaching me to be accepting and patient and lots of other such non-interesting things.
And so right now in my two and half year of career I've ended up working on following things:
1. Windows administration - system assembly, setup and is installation and troubleshooting. In fact my windows skills are almost power user level.
2 Same power user level with Linux: yeah I started with slackware but that was when I was 16. Its 9 yrs now and i have seen and uses a number of Linux distros. I can handle basic troubleshooting and almost all tweaking of a new installation.
3 .net development: Right after my engineering in 2k8 I did a course in .net, so I can code in both C# as well as VB.NET. Also I have done couple of projects in ASP.net.
4 Oracle: It was my first database. I'm pretty handy with queries and stuff. I won't be able to start writing cursors and procedures fight away but i have used that stuff in the past and i was good enough with that.
4 MySQL: I've been using MySQL for last couple of years so I have achieved a level of comfort with it. I've used it in more than 10 places in both online and local applications.
5 Sqlite: This is the one that got away. No, I mean I know the basic commands and stuff but I haven't used sqlite anywhere and maybe in some embedded project i should use it.
6 C, C++ : Really all that stuff was way more interesting. But i have coded enough utilities in C or Cpp to be confident about all of them. I wish though I would have worked exclusively in these two. I would be working in Linux kernel by now.
7 Java: During college years I did enroll for a Core and Advanced Java class, but like many things in my life I dropped out of it in the middle of J2ee. I learned core Java and bit of JSP though. Well, i never got the chance to really try my hand at Java though.
8 shell scripting: This is the holy grail for linux/unix users.  Everybody using linux/unix, however noob he/she may be has to face the command line one day. I have become proficient enough in shell scripting that I'm contemplating of writing a proposal in shell script; gee just kidding. Don't think my still unknown better half would like that.
9 PHP: I'm coding PHP since a year now. And i have become proficient enough to write complex pages. Though there is some work i have seen that my mind just couldn't come to terms with like single page working as both front end and backend. Well I'm a simple minded guy and i don't believe in chasing one's own tale.
10 jQuery : I'm using jQuery for a year too though i usually stick to using it for functional work. I'm not in UI design or effects and stuff, or else i would be Doing some amazing work with jQuery.
11 Office and documentation: its the dark side of my career but I've worked on about 8 manuals and I've documented as much number of projects.
12 ARM arch related work: I've meddled quite a bit in arm related stuff like rootfs's, cross-compilation, drivers and kernel and stuff. Heck but I have run a rootfs in a kvm virtual machine.
13 Qt/ GTK : I have worked on a 5 month project with qt related work where I optimized and added features to an existing system. I taught myself the ins and outs of qt then. Actually everything I know on Linux is all I have self learned. My liason with GTK has not been much since GTK is difficult to code. You can't hope to create a decent app without knowing GTK inside out. The lack of a decent IDE also sucks. Qt on the other hand has the excellent QTCreator.
14 Drupal, WordPress, blogger etc web related stuff utilizing html and CSS knowledge. : I'm acceptable with html and CSS. So i didn't have any problem working with all the above mentioned frameworks. Its just that I didn't have enough time to really explore all these inside out and they are not main priority for me anyway. Though i do host this blog on blogger.
15 Android : I have successfully compiled hello world for android. That wasn't pain at all, but getting the dev environment surely was!!!!

So you see how fragmented my career path had been.
Well, hopefully someone will notice this post and maybe hire me to really do something amazing!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting