Saturday, November 19, 2016

Update on the Sailfish App

Well, it's been a while and I actually didn't spend much time on the app all this while. But today I decided that I'm going to spend at least couple of hours on it. And I did. Kind of solved couple of big issues too. Maybe not completely, but progress still.
So the summary is I was facing issue with deployment of the database. It's sqlite db and I didn't know where to place it and how ty place it.
So after lot of googling and some forum searching I found a way to deploy data files on Sailfish.
After applying and troubleshooting couple of issues here n there I got the database working. But the problem now is, it works only when the app is run from sdk. When I launch the app from inside, no DB. Well atleast the role are going to the device. Teething issues.
Another problem is the UI is all screwed up. This should not have happened because on desktop was all Sunny and Rozy. Anyway I'm yet to get to Sailfish specific stripes anyway so I'm thinking it would fix the UI issues.
So I pushed all these changes git. Also logged above issues too. Overall it's ghost couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment