Birthday

Two weeks ago was my forty-fifth birthday, and I wasn't feeling too hot that morning anyway.
I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say Happy Birthday, And would probably have a present for me.
She didn't even say Good Morning, Let alone any Happy Birthday. I thought, Well, that's wives for you. Maybe the children will remember.
The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word. When I started to the office I was feeling pretty low and despondent.
As I walked into my office, my secretary, Janet, said, Good morning boss, Happy Birthday!
So I felt a little better; someone had remembered. I worked until noon.
Then Janet knocked on my door and said, You know, it's such a beautiful day outside and it's your birthday,
let's go to lunch, just you and me. I said, that's the best thing I've heard all day. Let's go.
We went to lunch. We didn't go where we normally go; We went out into the country to a little private place.
We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.
On the way back to the office, she said, You know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we??
I said, No, I guess not. She said, Let's go to my apartment. After arriving at her apartment she said, Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable.
Sure, I excitedly replied. She went into the bedroom and, In about six minutes, she came out carrying a big birthday cake, Followed by my wife, children and dozens of our friends.

All were singing Happy Birthday And there on the couch I sat… Naked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting