Browsers and browsers

Browser wars are far from over. I'm gonna tell a small story of which browsers have influenced my life.

It was windows 98, and we had IE5.5. I was a novice then, and didn't know world beyond IE. The Windows98 was something to remember with it's unpolished GUI, blue screens and many hidden features. But that was all the windows we had back then.

Next came Windows XP and more hardware requirement. Well it also gave us IE6 n 7 recently. After fumbling around for couple of years, I learned about better alternatives, about Mozilla, safari, opera and many more. I moved away from IE. Its 6 years since I first used Mozilla's Firefox. I'm still using Firefox but I also use chromium once in a while.

It's also 6 years since I touched IE. From then Firefox have reached FF4beta, IE9's in the works and Opera n others are moving ahead as of Aug'2010. Google's Chrome n chromium are giving tough competition to settled players. But one thing I noticed about chrome is that devnagri matter/text is not displayed properly.

Obviously they'll improve that, and the browser war will wage on...

*on mobile front Opera seems to be the king of the hill with Opera Mini and Opera Full. But with new OSes like iOS, Android and many others providing inbuilt better browsers, it's tough there too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting