1 Year Anniversary of Nubia Z9 Mini

Right a year back this time I was frustrated with my Redmi 1S for not getting through the day. So much frustrated that I sold it to a friend's friend. To add to the cash-pile I sold my four year old Samsung Omnia W on Quickr. And then put in some more hard earned monies, and got this beauty on Amazon Sale with 33% discount. 
It was a risk. Nubia as a brand was not well known. But I have used ZTE's back then and knew them to be solid devices. So I went for it. And now a year later, I'm still happy for that decision. The phone came with Android 5.0.3 with Nubia UI which I found to be crap, but the Camera was top notch. I have since shot more than 2000 photos with it and many of them are just superb. So much so that it convinced me to invest in a tripod. Another good investment.
Anyway, couple of months in I ditched Nubia UI for Mokee ROM and haven't looked back since. Used Mokee 5.1 for a while, then moved to Mokee 6.0 and been using it so far. The phone's solid though, the battery still goes more than a day, it has seen half-dozen falls but still working fine. The screen's provided guard has bellyful of scratches, but I I think I should replace it now after a year. The display is crisp and no issue with anything else. 
This reminds me of the Samsung Omnia W. It also was a solid phone and a joy to use. Maybe more so because it had WinPhone OS and an OLED screen. I miss that OLED screen, but by end of first year, it had developed burn-in spots near top. Nothing like that here in Nubia. 
Well such solid gadgets are few to come by. Especially sad when they explode like recent Sammy Note 7's!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting