Buying a Printer

Recently I saw that our combined printout count has risen quite a bit. So it would be good to get a printer. Then started a number of rounds of price and feature comparisons for a printer.
Firstly there are two types of printers - laser and inkjet printers. If you look at the features a simple laser printer starts from INR 6K. A laser MFD(Multi-function device or all-in-one or Print-Scan-Copy) starts at 11K. I wanted a simple printer and a laser printer looked good. I could afford a 6K laser printer and didn't have to worry about ink cartridges drying if unused.
But then wife raised requirement for scanning too which meant looking for a MFD. Now the problem was a laser MFD was outside of my budget so that meant I had to look for inkjet MFD's. I started looking for various products and the cartridge prices. The cheapest inkjet all-in-one was Cannon Pixma MG2470. It costed only 2.5K. But then I looked at the cartridge prices and found out Cannon cartridges are quite costly. The cartridges for this printer went for 0.8K to 1.2K. While competing HP all-in-one cartridges started from 0.6K to 1K max. The HP Deskjet 2131 was the next cheapest all-in-one. It was feature comparable with the cannon and with cartridge prices in affordable category it was the logical choice. So I booked it on Flipkart.com and will get it in couple of days. Will share the actual experience in few more days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting