core isolation::Memory Integrity causing virtualization to fail on Windows 10

Recently I wanted to install bluestacks to check out some apps temporarily. I have windows 10 - fully updated and with hypervisor support and virtualization support in this new laptop on Ryzen 5.
Checked out few options about installing virtual machine support etc windows components, since I have Windows Home and not Professional. But no success, so I gave up for lack of time. Just used my cellphone to check out the apps.
Next time - few days later I needed to create a Ubuntu VM to test some VNC/RDP software, and VirtualBox also would not work.
I checked few more links etc. Some of them asked to install the same windows components related to hypervisor support and virtual machine. These are already there. And they also asked to disable Memory Integrity settings in core isolation settings in Security portion of Windows Settings.
Now after disabling Memory Integrity, Virtual Box started fine.
I thought maybe this was the real culprit for Bluestacks not working. So installed it again. And lo behold! Even bluestacks also worked fine now.
So if any of you having this same issue, do check out Memory Integrity setting. It's good to have it enabled if you don't use any VM's and stuff. But disable it if you want to use virtualization for anything.
Cheers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting