ZTE is shutting down due to sanctions...

It was a striking news. ZTE is indeed shutting down major operations due to US sanctions. We have a Nubia Z9 mini in house. So I'm thinking what effect could it have on this phone?

Thankfully it's already served us about 2.5Yrs and with recent reset of stock firmware, it's going well as my sister conveyed. I have also given my sister a flip cover for decent protection. So it looks like the phone should last another year. I had doubts about the internal battery, but so far it's going decent. The health is around 80% which is not bad at all.

But this is a good lesson in purchasing hardware. I guess I'm not buying any Huawei hardware anymore, since they are also named in a number of spying and data theft scandals. Thankfully with the vibrant phone ecosystem, that still leaves us a number of options like Samsung, LG, Sony etc. And then there are smaller players like OnePlus etc. I'm thinking what about Xiaomi? Has anybody found if they are spying on the customers? I don't know! Lets google!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting