An Upgrade report on Ubuntu 18.04

I had Ubuntu 17.10 on my Office Laptop. And I managed to get couple of hours of free time on my hands. So decided to upgrade it. I had 2-3 DE's on it i.e Unity, Gnome, Mate etc.

The upgrade went well. It downloaded ~2300 packages and took about 45 minutes to wrap up everything. Of course I had quite a few things installed. Then I rebooted and used it for 3-4 hours. I am pleased to tell that almost everything works fine.

It has even retained Unity and it's working fine via Unity session. The Ubuntu session loads Unity themes Gnome. It's mouse movement is a bit wild, but it's smooth. Of course not as smooth as Unity but still good enough.

Everything else is good. Congrats Canonical on another solid release!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting