What's wrong with this postgreSQL

Recently I've stumbled upon a little problem with postgresql. I was working on a simple qt utility that would check if data is being continuously entered in one of the databases. So I set up a max time query and see if everything is fine.
For normal scenarios the application worked fine. Then I started testing it for fail cases and there I observed a peculiar case. I truncated the respective table and wanted to see if my app would raise any exception or handle the situation. Funnily though I found out that my app was fetching data from a database that was seemingly empty.
I was genuinely puzzled. I had truncated the table. Then I ran VACUUM on the table just to be sure.
But the result was same. I restarted the server and tried the same situation. But result the same. Then I modified the database connection in the app and used my PC's IP 192.168.blah.blah. And I reran the app. Funnily enough the app stopped showing the ghost data and things worked out. I wondered what the hell.
Later I was testing this in live environment - this being small utility and all. There though the PC's actual IP didn't work and I had to use 127.0.0.1.
So I knew something is screwed up at my end. So I start pgadmin III and try to connect to 127.0.0.1 and it connects and it even shows me the ghost data. Gods!
I wonder and dig up the net trying to find out what the hell is wrong with my code. Or my postgreSQL server.
I'm still wondering...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting