Car audio upgrades

I had to search for car related posts and I found that I have never written anything about the various gadgets in my car. There's just one post about dashcam when I bought one - DDPAI a2. It has worked fine mostly. Although it did crap out and I got it repaired for 1000 Rs from their service center 25km away.
So what other gadgets I have? Well, I got a Sony A416BT 1-DIN car-audio system and 4 Pioneer TS-R1651D speakers fit-in at the time of delivery itself. I added a Mi car charger too - it's fast charger port has since nuked itself. But the other one works fine so I have not replaced it. All this was enough for last 4-years. Remember this was a budget purchase and the car loan is still ongoing.
But this year I felt I should upgrade some things. The most visible upgrade would have been an android head-unit and maybe better speakers. Then I realized my biggest problem is road noise on highway. Of course the original tires were getting worn and they were adding to it. So few months back I replaced 4 tires with Appollo Amazer ones. That reduced the noise quite a bit. But R&D told me to look into sound-damping the car.
Further R&D and asking around led me to a local audio shop. They quoted 16K rupees for 4-door damping with Dr Artex premium gold 2.4mm sheet. I also queried and looked at a bunch of available speakers and finally decided to replace 2 front speakers with Sony XS-160GS ones. These are mid-range speakers with much better sound as compared to my basic Pioneers. These came to be 12K rupees.
So overall a value upgrade done to the car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting

[QT] CREATE AN ODT FILE