Realme 3 - 2 years 7 months and going

I bought this in dec'19 and it has been overall a great phone. It came with Android 9, received one OS update to Android 10 and few more security patches. It's price was about 10000 INR and I was eligible for a bank offer that knocked off 900 INR off the price.
It has 2 versions - one with 3GB RAM/32GB flash and another with 4GB RAM/64GB flash. I went with the latter. Now after so many days Accubattery reports the battery health at 86% which is excellent. I recall so many phones where battery replacement was needed after 2 years of usage. This phone has plastic construction and is not really a looker. It's originally supplied case is still holding even though it has yellowed a lot.
I don't seem to find vinegar anywhere which might help clear out the yellowness and make it look new.
Anyway the phone is smooth because I don't really have a lot of apps on it. Couple of games, few messengers, and some food ordering, cab booking apps. And I ensure to keep 10-15GBs of flash always free.
The 720P screen is doing fine. It came with a screen-guard which collected a lot of scratches and I did not bother with a replacement as it's hard to get a proper replacement. So living on the gorilla glass 3 of the display now. But the cover has screen surrounding ridges that have protected the screen well through-out a half-dozen drops.
It's 13MP back and 5MP rear cameras were average and the photos are almost always average. But they are decent enough for social-media-sharing. I wonder if I replace this phone with something with better photo-taking ability, how much of a difference would it make.
The hardware has held up fine. Charging port is fine, speakers and mike is fine. It did not have stereo speakers anyway. It does not heat - I mean there's really middle-range hardware here and call-of-duty also does not heat it up a lot.
The provided charger and cable have held up as well.
Overall I think I have received very good value for money from this phone. Of course I'll continue to use this till it dies.
Though my ambition is to shift onto something smaller and lighter, but such a thing does not seem to come up anywhere in Android world. Hussh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting