Fix for Android slowdown

I have been using this Honor 5X cellphone for last few months.
Recently I noticed that it has become unbearably slow. Google Maps was
struggling. Common apps like GMail etc were crawling. PUBG Lite also
was not working any well.
Then I restarted the phone and it worked fine for couple of days and
repeat of slowdown. Another restart and another couple of days of good
working followed by slowdown.
So I dug up the setting of Automatic Power Off and Power On, and have
setup the phone to power down by 11PM and power on by 6AM. Also I have
ensured that the free memory amount is more than 20%.
I ran the phone with these settings and for a week now, no more
slowdowns. Hurrah!!
Now the technicals - I think Huawei's android skin is buggy and it
just can't handle long runtimes. Maybe AOSP android itself is buggy
and can't handle long runtimes. Probably apps/kernel gobble up memory
and leak some every time something happens. Then couple of days later,
no more memory. And things start crawling.
Restarting the phone every night ensures that it's fresh every morning
and does not hit the slowdown anymore.
Cheers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting