Jolla Recovery - last resort for Enterprize WiFi bug

So today I decided to take the plunge and completely reset my Aquafish to recovery image to see if I can get the enterprize WiFi working.
A bit of background: SFOS did not support Enterprize WiFi using TLS etc back in 2.0.5.6. In 3.1.2 I guess, they added support for that. I have Work WiFi at office that uses TLS with MSChapV2. And on 3.1.2(or whatever that release was), I did manage to connect to my Work WiFi once. The Captive portal login appeared in SFOS browser, I logged in and was able to access the internet. But after that one time it never connected.
So I reset Jolla, upgraded once again and tried but to no avail. Now Recovery image reset is something else. It does not just reset the settings. But rather wipes out the partitions and writes partitions from recovery image.
The process is straight forward. Remove the battery and after inserting use [power] + [vol+] button to power device in Recovery Mode. The phone displays message to conenct to PC using USB cable and ssh to it's recovery IP.
I used ubuntu for this and it worked brilliantly. The phone is reset to 2.0.5.6. Lets update and see if Enterprize WiFi works or not! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting