The state of me

So it's been a bit of quiet here lately. I mean I used to put up 2-3 posts a week back then for some time, and now I'm doing 1-2 a month. What's going on here? Has my life become so much quieter? Actually it's kind of true. These days there's almost nothing going on. On work front I've been stuck on an embedded project where I'm coding in 'c' - meh! On personal front I'm kind of down these days. You must remember I bought a Raspberry Pi3 a while back, but I'm yet to get a monitor for that PI-HTPC I wanted to do. I should be learning new things - but since I'm not doing anything in Qt - I just don't have any real need to do anything about it right now. So aaah, I've been just spending my days doing 8 hour work days, and 12hr weekends.
Mostly I'm watching B-grade Hollywood movies and reading sci-fi. I've managed to hit a good series - The General by David Drake, and it's quite immersive. I'm reading A. A. Attansio's Radix Tetrads series in parallel. Both of them are amazing. But that's it. Nothing much beside it. Actually I'm facing a bit of cash crunch lately. And that means not much travel, no weekend getaways, no movies in theatre - damn things cost an arm and a leg together - 250Rs for "When Harry met Sejal"? WTF!!!
Anyway, the monitor's on hold because of cash crunch. The new projects are on hold because of cash crunch. And I've a huge excel giving me a picture of my finances if I stay around my current job, that tells me money is going to be tough for about a year from now. So I guess I'll be lazying out the days till then.
Frankly I need something related to Qt - this Embedded C thing sucks - all the time you are just doing code, code and code. Half the time only you know what the hell the code does and if someone else had the misfortune to go through your code, without the background, then God have mercy on them. Well, that's life. Anyway, let's hope situation improves, or at least does not get any worse (me getting pink slip? Oh horror - with two mortgages on my head I'll be fish fry!! :( )
Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Quotes

QCalendarWidget CSS Stylesheeting